Doug and Paula Lewis started JunkAway after researching the junk removal industry as well as other business opportunities for a long time. It was important to them to have a business that could be compatible with their family life while supporting them financially. In addition, it was vital the business would allow them to achieve their charitable ambitions.
They discovered that junk removal was definitely under-served and in need of a caring, professional company. It was clear early on that customers have strong attachments to their "things" and they needed a company that could be sensitive to that. They also realized quickly that growth for their company would be best served through franchising. Partnering with like-minded business owners and bringing their expertise to someone else's dream of business ownership was clearly the way to go for them. They recognized that franchisees have the same drive and ownership in the business gives them more commitment.
At JunkAway, we provide you the process you need to be successful, the tools to get started, and the programs to make the business function well. You will come to our office for your initial training and then we will be on-site to help keep things moving forward. Unlike people who open their own businesses independently, you have our team as a support system to answer questions, help solve problems and mentor you as a new business owner. We have partnerships with everyone from marketers to graphic designers to shirt providers to truck manufacturers so you don't have to negotiate with individual vendors.
Most of all you will be part of a community of people committed to helping people declutter their lives while contributing to others. There is a great satisfaction in knowing the majority of the items you collect will not be wasted. Ready to be part of the family? Request information today!
Products & Services
We haul junk! It's really that simple. Our junk removal and hauling services are a very affordable alternative to getting dirty and lifting heaving materials that should be left for the professionals. Our customers show us what they want hauled away and our your team will carry everything to the truck so they don't have to do any heavy lifting or cleaning. Our motto is YOU POINT TO IT, WE REMOVE IT!
Junk that we haul and take away:
- Appliances: Stoves, refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, lawnmowers
- Building materials: Drywall, sheetrock, wallboard, canvas
- Concrete / Cement: broken pathways, sidewalks, patios, flooring
- Construction materials: Debris, tiling, remodel leftovers
- Electronics: Computers, monitors, printers, copy machines, shredders
- Furniture: Sofas, sofa beds, chairs, tables, dressers, bookcases, mattresses
- Garage, shed and attics: Boxes, knick-knacks, books, tools, tires
- Garden refuse: Branches, clippings, stumps, soil, sod, landscaping debris
- Plain old garbage: Rubbish, paper, cardboard
- Renovation materials: Walls, windows, flooring, drywall, frames, etc.
- Roofing materials: Shingles, tiles, corrugated iron, etc.
- Storage: File cabinets, boxes, armoires, book cases, tool units
- Wood: Fencing, firewood, lumber, old timber
We are looking for franchise owners who:
- Are self-motivated
- Are customer-service oriented
- Have a strong business and management background
- Have a construction or mechanical background
- Have a minumum of $50,000 in liquid capital
- Have a population base of at least 300,000
Return to List of Franchises